homemade Christmas gifts part 2

Monday.....goal for this week- finish all of my homemade gifts. December arrives in just a couple of days and I don't like to be that girl that gives her gifts late. Especially since they are homemade, mostly edible. I want my loved ones to be able to enjoy during the holiday season. Sure Christmas treats are good after it's all said and done, but they are even more yumm-o before!

Inspiration #2


Candy-Cane Marshmallows {Martha Stewart}

This will go fabulous with the homemade cocoa mix I'm also making. I'm filling & decorating jars with the mix to include in my gift baskets. Each jar will have the directions attached. I'm thinking of cutting the marshmallows with cookie cutters into cute little Christmas shapes.

Hot Cocoa Mix

2 cups nonfat dry milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup non-dairy creamer
1 dash of salt
miniature marshmallows, optional

Combine ingredients and mix well. Store in an airtight container.

Yield 4 cups mix

To make:
Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of mix to your favorite mug and fill with boiling water. Stir to blend. Add some marshmallows or cream.

Are you making anything to give away this year? I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love hearing from my readers, so let me know what you think and leave a link to your blog as well!

Have a sweet day!

Jennifer